Equinox - Not All Things Are Equal


Today night and day time are about of equal of length.
Equal also seem my desires for a multitude of things that make life more convenient, pleasurable or beautiful. Meaning I have a hard time making up my mind, such as for a badly needed compact washer that will fit in to the closet and last, for decades I would hope, those trips to the laundromat just have got to stop. But then there is a long overdue upgrade from my Nikon D40, finally sent in to fix, if at all possible. From almost having bought an older, now outdated, but cheaper prosumer Nikon D90 I have graduated to studying the newest Nikon D7100. The choices are many and those compact mirrorless cameras are getting better and better and I am getting more and more confused. So last night I decided to take my old Olympus C-8080 out on a walk, with dogs always, under an overcast gray sky, thinking I ought to place this Olympus on Craig's list and sell it. The above shot I got makes me reconsider, aren't those tones just so luscious, I did no post-processing? While this Olympus is clunky and slow it has a great sensor, and is still a solid camera. I am not one to need the latest and greatest, but I do love quality.


So, strolling with dogs I happened to come upon this ornate, antique, Indian treasure chest and now I can not get it out of my mind. It is gorgeous and very well crafted with many compartments, something I tend to love, and no damages, only no key to lock this trunk, not a deal breaker for me.


This antique would pay for the washer I have had my eyes on, for a through check up on Isabella at the vet and would go a ways to fix what's wrong with my van. No doubt our public radio station would be happy to receive only part of the cost as donation and a former lover of mine supposedly starving, would benefit for many months. Ah 'wer die Wahl hat, hat die Qual' or the pain that comes with choices! Setting priorities is not my forte I am afraid.


Meanwhile first blossoms surprised us, out rather early for our high desert climate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment