Voter ID


So glad John Oliver is back, missed him.

Grown up in Europe, I have carried identification on me at all times for half a century by now. Proof of identification seems a simple, common-sense, practical part of life, so I could not understand the resistance to such from liberals and democrats. Little did I understand the trouble many American citizens may have in obtaining such. Our Land of Enchantment in particular may feature Native American babies born on reservations not hospitals and Hispanics, here for generations, never having bothered to obtain passports and those elderly that never drove or lost their licenses. Demand for voter identification has to come with an assurance of easy access of obtaining such, possibly with a grandfathering-in option. Until, I will join the chorus against the right wing demand for voter ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment