A Peek On Peaks


Before moving on to brighter and more spectacular signs of Spring, waiting in the wings, yesterday's shot taken standing up on a raised flower bed, during a moment when rays of sunlight managed to escape from inbetween dark banks of clouds on the western horizon to light the again snow covered Sangre de Christo mountain peaks on the eastern horizon at sunset. Snow flurries again during the day, light frost at night after temperatures had climbed up in to the seventies and the Lilacs have it in mind to finally open up and blossom. Darn, it was cold, bare footed in sandals winter coat quickly thrown over.

On another note, I won! I placed my first winning bet ever on e-bay last night, a month after I signed on and had scoured the offerings, compared products and prices (in my affordable kinda range) and kept on  obsessing and dreaming on. I won by 6 cents, cleverly posting an uneven dollar amount less then half a minute before the bidding would end! I hope there will be no unpleasant surprises. I do not like to participate in money transactions on-line, so this is truly a first for me. In about a week I hope to be able to post images with this new for me, but older, used camera, a Panasonic DMC FX-35 which comes with a lot of zoom, 18x, and features more pixels, 12.1 then my current Nikon D40, 6. Of course my lust for new gadgets has only increased in my last month of studying mainly unavailable to my current budget  options.

I made up a wish list that includes a Panasonic DMC GF-1 because of the interchangeable lens option and it's compact system, that make it a good choice for street and low light photography. The Panasonic DMC ZS10 might be a good small, older and therefor more affordable pocket camera to have on hand. I still believe the Olympus C-8080 to be a good quality camera, even if outdated and likely requiring technical skills way over the top of my head. I hope my Nikon D40 will be worth the money to refurbish, it sure has given me a lot of pleasure and bang for the bucks, for now more then 5 years. A Nikon D90 with a self-cleaning lens system would be great as we do have a lot of dust here in the Southwest. But for now I will be very happy if the up  and coming Panasonic will work to my satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment