Hero

Sen. Bernie Sanders spoke truth for 8 1/2 hours today on the Senate floor. His very long, very eloquent speech that never seemed to miss a beat, touched my heart, excited my brain and got me to act and do my part in taking a stand. I wrote to my representatives in support of Sen. Bernie Sanders plea that we can do better, yes we can!

No obscene tax cuts for the super rich! Enough already of senseless wars! Create jobs through focusing on green, renewable energy and the rebuilding of crumbling infra structures!

Amazing that the American people are not out in the streets in protest, asking for heads to come off. No I am not promoting a violent revolution. I can only guess that the general lack of effective unions along with a debilitating sense of powerlessness and maybe disillusionment create this unbearable passive, disengaged social scene.

Warren Buffet has said it loud and clear; the super rich do not need the tax cuts, they already pay less then the average tax payer. Obama quoted him comparing his percentage of taxes payed to that of his secretary. This is not news. The trickle down effect has not worked and will not work. We wanted change then and we still want change now!

I do understand that time is of the essence in regard to this current bill and that not pushing it through this month with the majority of Democrats still in power will not likely get better results next year.


For today 69 year old Sen. Bernie Sanders stepped in to the role of the Hero by telling the truth unvarnished, by speaking from the heart and with passion - for 8 1/2 hours. Truth gets respect when told and acted upon. Who will be our next hero, who will step in and continue on along these lines?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this here and on Facebook. I don't have cable, so I need to hear from you what happens on C-Span. I'm so glad Sen. Sanders is standing up for what I believe in, and I'm grateful to you for getting the word out.

    ReplyDelete