The Real Miss Pearl

The real Miss Pearl, my neighbor's sweet Lab is no more. After a brain injury with obvious presence of pain it was decided that it was best for Miss Pearl to pass on. An exceptional vet came to the home to assure a smooth transition.
 
Only a few weeks ago in March, Miss Pearl came to the gate to greet us, despite her trouble in getting up. Now, I miss Miss Pearl's barking at passersby in hopes of garnering some attention.
When I got my very first dog, my Isabella-girl, despite all the many fears I had of sharing my home with a dog, another living, breathing and feeling being, despite my many anxieties of taking care of another creature, a creation of god-dess, nothing prepared me for the sadness of loosing so many sweet canine buddies of ours like Bashty, Heidi, Ray to name only a few.  I am comforted by the knowledge that Miss Pearl, the Real Miss Pearl, had a very good life, filled with love, long walks and plenty of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment