Necessity is the Mother of Invention

I stuck what used to be my Mom's red umbrella (parapluie) in what used to be my Mom's biggest vase - for shade. I am afraid that seedlings will not last unprotected from the intense sun of our high (7000 feet) desert climate, here in our City Different. I am rather pleased with my ingenuity.
In the foreground sits a Jalapeno Pepper plant that I just got on sale for 99 cents. The strawberry plant was given to me at the Farmers Market that bore already 3 fruits,  eaten by pests. There is a catnip plant for our Pretty Kitty to knibble and an arrangement of seedlings made up of lettuce and basil of various kinds. 
I am not familiar with growing edibles. All I know is to remember to water  my mostly decorative plants that I acquired over the decades. But times are a changing and I am experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment