Domesticity

Got my kitchen faucet fixed, finally. The hot water started to leak in early September. This faucet had leaked before - and stopped, yep it happens the professionals explained to me how. I had held high hopes for another 'miracle' meanwhile I would shut off the main incoming valve during those times I did not need water. That's when I really learned to appreciate the frequent need for running water, the seemingly incessant need for washing hands when living with and caring for companion animals. 

When the main incoming valve started to leak last week I got worried and wondered if I was to experience my own kind of flooding shortly, as I was preoccupied mostly with the horrible catastrophe that was and still is unfolding in Puerto Rico. So, last Friday I reluctantly called the professionals. It took 5 days, 3 visits from the Drain Surgeons, the proceeds of 4 hours of my own labor, countless buckets of collected water transferred for use later, and the expense of a brand new, but luckily on sale faucet, though not nearly as nice as my old one that pleased my eyes and I really liked. The silver lining, the mess under my kitchen sink got duly inspected and mostly rearranged.



No comments:

Post a Comment