Exuberance

Orchid Misted

My earlier use of the term exuberance got me wondering.
Blossoms must be nature's most exuberant manifestations.
Such lavish extravagance and flamboyant splendor!


Puppy play must come in a close second though.


Exuberance in humans, me, does not mean to bring home flowers (as I had mentioned in my prior post) but may rather be likened to a flowering of Self. I experience my own blossoming when I am present to my Self and  to my world. Demands of my presence, my willingness to be and to feel and to hold a focus of sorts, seem highest when performing, be it in the function of therapist, teacher, student or performance artist. Really, I am thinking of any state of heightened awareness including meditation. But also the considerate conscious adult response to a child's inquiry.


When I perform Aquatic Bodywork, I open up and make myself large and embracing, be it in a therapeutic setting or a learning environment. When I am focused on an inner fluid sensory and emotional landscape, mine and others, when my focus is on dream states, when I follow process, when I listen to what wants to be expressed and especially, when the unexpected happens, that is when I feel most alive and I feel closest to my human potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment