Unsolicited Advice #7

One can be only as honest with others as one is with self.
When a person cannot deceive himself the chances are against his being able to deceive other people.
Mark Twain 
When she cannot deceive herself 
the chances are against her being deceived by others.
Deception of self and others is rampant. Many a woman has tales to share. In the news only today one woman claims to have discovered, on facebook, the marriage of her husband to another woman! Lies can pass through lips of the most sincere and sweet looking faces. A sociopath perfects suggesting to you what he thinks you want to hear. Of course such disturbed individuals could be male or female, but here I am concerned with the woman that gets taken by her man, her lover, her husband, and sometimes a total stranger.

Gullibility because of feeling needy, chasing a dream, or seeking a way out from an impossible situation is not helpful, but neither does it condemn the victim of a ruse.

I remember my Dad's warning to me, then a teen. I hated his trying to impress on me that the world is not a safe place and people can not be trusted. I hate to give this same impression now. The antidote is to learn to trust your instincts, go through the world with eyes wide open and to not wear blinders and rose colored glasses. 
The truth shall set us free!

No comments:

Post a Comment