Ambivalence


Hours of work got in to the making of these three jars yesterday. Opening one jar does become a festive occasion with so much sweat equity. It reminds me of times past when jars filled with food were not commonly available on store shelves. A time I never experienced but only heard of.

In truth I cherished avoiding more pressing matters by placing my focus on the fruit bowl on hand, still filled mostly with loot off common grounds, here depicted with the occasional store bought Mango.

A Sunday afternoon seemed like a perfectly good time to attend to a pile of Apples and Crabapples and to mix another jar of Salsa Verde of my liking, which includes bits of Apples and Crabapples with one whole cluster of Garlic and one whole bunch of Cilantro and then some.

By the end of the afternoon I am left with mixed feelings. All this work for 3 jars only, while other important matters are left unattended? Yes, even these jars filled with goodness can leave me feeling ambivalent, not to talk about life in general.

2 comments:

  1. Ambivalence R us, ambivalence is good. Ambivalence means we know we don't have all the answers. Five years from now, it won't matter how you spent your Sunday, and if it pleased you to do the work, it was time well spent. The green sauce sounds wonderful.

    I think I have solved the problem of not getting emails of new blog entries. I put your blog on my home page, my iGoogle page. I can't get them to send me an email, but this should work.

    Good answer to anonymous, by the way. Clear, strong, direct, and unthreatened. Anyone who doesn't know there is a double standard is living in a dream world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salsa can be called sauce? Not sure on what makes the difference in these two words. You got me thinking Kendall, thanks for responding.

    ReplyDelete