International Folk Art Market II

This Thai booth was the hardest one for me to resist. I loved the style of their creations, their indigo fabric, made to look and feel a lot like silk with the use of egg whites, then worked in to lose fitting clothes. The kind I would love to wear.
This Thai woman, focused mostly on her sewing, gets my vote for most attractive woman in the sense of my pleasure as I watched her appearance, her calm and centered energy while she kept herself busy and created articles of artistry, beauty and usefulness, that my heart might covet.
This shockingly beautiful woman, graceful inside and out, gifted me with a bag of Frank Incense when I expressed my pleasure about the scent that filled the air from their booth. Her eyes were truly awesome, I could not help but exclaim how beautiful she was (something I do not usually do as it is a sensitive issue with so many women.) She gets my vote (even though their is no contest) for most beautiful woman at this year's Folk Art Market.
Sitsemiso Simelane from Swaziland gets my vote for most charismatic. I thoroughly enjoyed my exchanges with this most expressive and exuberant man. He should work for Swaziland's Tourism Bureau, he gushed with such enthusiasm about the  beauty of his country, not so unlike Santa Fe, he admitted.
Most exotic to me were these ladies, there were four of them, all dressed in those bright purple robs, from the Ottoman Sultanate. They made me so curious about their life styles. Most gracious we were offered a taste of their coffee, delicious, along with date paste. These ladies danced, and painted intricate, delicate designs on bodies with Henna.
Last but not least, the by far most dazzling smile, in my not so humble opinion, goes to this Tuareg Silversmith who lit up my world and lifted my spirits as he directed it at me.

I might ad that the most ingenious creation goes to the watering object, that submerged, with the hole on top closed off with one's thumb, will hold water and then sprinkle it where so desired with the release of one's thumb, awesome, if not exactly cheap earthen ware for fifty bucks, but well worth it I would venture to say. Especially when making use of rain water collected in barrels with no spouts, like mine.

Learn more about this one of a kind International Folk Art Market where the artists take 90% of their proceeds home to make a real difference in their communities. Visit their website and/or my  related flickr set and/or my prior post below, and please offer us your feedback, I would be delighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment