Unsolicited Advice #2

Trust has to be earned!

I had the very good fortune of having come upon a wise and wonderful woman who taught me many things, one of them that trust is not to be given freely, but needs to be earned. As a girl, not yet a woman, this was a revelation to me. I guess I had an idea that somehow we intuit if someone is worthy of our trust or not. And we do, but not just. Remember the saying "trust in god, but bind your camel?" I say trust in your intuition, but put it to test too.

There are many reasons why good people become untrustworthy. Addiction comes up as maybe the number one reason. Chemical imbalances can wreck havoc. A less then ideal upbringing, or the choice of bad company can easily lead one astray as well. So I say don't be a fool, test the recipients of your trust and affection!

No comments:

Post a Comment